Blue Max Trucking has been in business for nearly 40 years. The company launched with the goal of providing exceptional service in the dump truck industry. Initially, they served Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas, but since then, their service has expanded to Wilmington, NC; Charleston, SC; Pageland, SC; Savannah, GA; and Myrtle Beach, SC.
Today, Blue Max operates new-model dump trucks and trailers. The company offers many local opportunities for drivers with experience driving dump trucks, tractor trailers or concrete trucks.
Ready To Start Earning More
Blue Max Trucking Jobs
Drivers at Blue Max are paid weekly and receive overtime pay for anything over 40 hours. In addition, all of their dispatchers are local and understand the weather conditions of the area.
Blue Max offers two main services:
- Dump Trucks: Blue Max has more than 200 dump trucks in its fleet. Their trucks haul sand, asphalt, aggregates and fill.
- Dump Trailers: The company has both 28-foot framed trailers and 39-foot frameless trailers. Their trailers are ideal for supplying concrete and asphalt plants with the materials they need for production.
Blue Max’s portfolio of projects is impressive and includes:
- Carolina Panthers Stadium
- Runway at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Boeing Plant in North Charleston, South Carolina
- Nascar Hall of Fame at Charlotte, North Carolina
- Myrtle Beach International Airport Expansion
- I-485 Belt Loop Around in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Facebook Data Center in Forest City, North Carolina
- Apple Data Center in Maiden, North Carolina
Currently, the company does not offer dump truck owner operator jobs in Charlotte, NC or at any of their locations. Instead, they only hire experienced drivers who work for them as company drivers.
Blue Max Driver Requirements
In order to work for Blue Max, drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a year of experience driving dump trucks, tractor-trailers or concrete trucks (bus experience does not count)
- Have a clean driving record
- Have at least 3 years of verifiable employment
- Have a valid CDL license
- Pass a DOT physical and drug screening
- Registered with the Clearinghouse
These are the minimum requirements for employment. The company strives to hire only the most experienced and safe drivers to maintain their reputation.
When applying, you will need to provide your complete 10-year employment history and cannot have more than a 30-day gap in between positions.
Blue Max Driver Pay and Benefits
Blue Max Pay Rankings
User Review( votes)
Blue Max boasts that it offers competitive hourly pay, but how much do drivers really earn?
According to 22 driver surveys, the average driver earns:
- $51,528 per year
Glassdoor’s data shows that drivers are paid around $18/hour and earn $67,000-$74,000 per year.
According to the data from these two sources, the company’s pay is slightly lower than the national average for dump truck drivers but about right for North Carolina. The average pay for North Carolina is lower than the national average for dump truck drivers.
In North Carolina, the average pay for dump truck drivers is just $17.86 per hour for those with just a few years of experience.
Unfortunately, Blue Max Trucking provides very few details about their pay. In their job listings, they state that the pay scale is increased for drivers who work the night shift.
Company drivers receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 401(k) with company match up to 5% after 90 days of employment
- Medical and dental insurance
- Vision and life insurance
- Referral bonus
- Paid time off for vacation and holidays
For drivers with experience driving dump trucks and tractor-trailers, Blue Max Trucking offers local employment opportunities with competitive pay and friendly dispatch. Drivers enjoy using new and safe equipment. Overtime pay is available for working over 40 hours.
Ready To Start Earning More