For more than 30 years, Conway Freight has proudly been going the extra mile, delivering service you can trust through a network optimized for best-in-class performance.
With more than 425 operating locations, we bring you confidence and peace of mind with our damage-free, on-time service performance and faster transit times.
Conway Freight Transportation & Logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
They deliver industry-leading logistics and transportation services through its primary operating companies of Conway Freight, Conway Trucking and Menlo Worldwide Logistics.
ConWay Freight Pay
In addition to world-class transportation performance, Con-way Freight offers exceptional customer service at every level, supported by industry professionals and state-of-the-art processes and technology that save time and ensure consistent exception-free shipping.
Their operating units provide high-performance, day-definite less-than-truckload (LTL), full truckload and multimodal freight transportation, as well as logistics, warehousing and supply chain management services.
Conway also operates Road Systems Inc., a trailer refurbishing and manufacturing company which supplies trailing equipment to the company’s trucking fleets.
Con-way Inc. and its subsidiaries operate from more than 500 locations across North America and in 20 countries.
The Path To Becoming The Logistics Industry Leader
What separates Conway for other freight forwarding companies is their dedication to on-time and safe deliveries.
They encourage this with a demanding and rewarding training program, that promotes from within and offers support at every level of employment.
• Effectively manage the inbound/outbound processing of various freight.
• Consistently meet or exceed productivity goals.
• Supervise a staff of employees during various inbound, city, and/or outbound freight operations.
• Ensure production goals are met by managing tonnage, payroll and other administrative functions.
• Supervise and manage personnel operations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, and processing of customer shipments.
• Supervise and plan hourly employee schedules to meet daily operations goals.
• Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules, regulations and laws as required.
• Ensure customer’s freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage-free.
• Coach, train and develop employees consistent with company policy.
• Standing and walking on non-climate controlled loading dock area for several hours at a time.
Through strategic acquisitions over the past decade, Con-Way has absorbed over 4 different regional freight companies in an effort to increase their coverage area and efficiency.
They pulled this off without any downtime and were able to bring in almost all of the mergers original workers.
What Is It Like Working For Con-Way?
A typical day as an LTL driver involves picking up and delivering cargo on time. Your dispatcher is your key to working efficiently. If you need help with a load or delivery updates, they can help steer you in the right direction.
They are very good with safety and records management. After every load is completed, you must submit a logbook for the DOT.
The company is well known for delivering freight on time. That includes all runs, from regional, transcontinental services all across the US and Canada, when you working for Conway you quickly learn that deliveries can not be a minute late. If you honor your delivery schedule, you should be able to move up in loads and pay with them.
The biggest challenge to these requirements is dealing with the weather. From snowstorms in the east, rainstorms on the west coast, to high wind and tornadoes in the midland, you must stay focused and always alert at all times.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going through different states. That makes the job exciting and adventurous at all times. With Conway, you can keep a steady workload across North America. Basically, between their freight and trucking divisions, you can easily see the entire country in a calendar year.