Cooke Trucking is a North Carolina transport company specializing in Air ride refrigerated service in the truckload and Less-Than-Truckload sectors. While the company is based in NC, they serve the western U.S. Offering competitive salaries and benefits, Cookie is a carrier that many new drivers consider if they’re interested in teams or local positions.
Cooke Trucking was founded in 1958 in Mount Airy, North Carolina. To this day, the company is family owned and operated.
Ready To Start Earning More
Cooke hires team and local drivers. They provide late-model tractors and trailers equipped for long hauling.
The company serves ten Western States and operates a 16-bay warehouse to speed up delivery times. Currently, the company offers service to:
- Washington State
- New Mexico
- Texas (El Paso only)
They offer limited service in the western mountains of Colorado and Reno, Nevada.
Cooke provides their drivers with Peterbilts Model 579 trucks that are less than 30 months old. These trucks are outfitted with Ultra Loft Sleepers, so drivers stay comfortable while out on the road.
The company also has 103 reefers in its fleet that meet California’s requirements and 55 dry van trailers.
Cooke Truck Driver Salary
Cooke Trucking Pay Rankings
User Review( vote)
Cooke Trucking is a North Carolina transport company known for its competitive salary. Seven driver surveys indicate that the company pays drivers an average of $54,643 per year.
Salaries submitted range from $30,980 – $68,837.
Cooke Trucking hires responsible drivers that meet the following requirements:
- Must have graduated from an approved driver training program or have verifiable experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass all DOT and company regulations, drug screenings, physical exams and road tests
- Must be physically able to perform the necessary job functions
- Preferably lives within 3 hours of Mount Airy, NC
In their job postings, Cooke notes that drivers do not need experience, which means that the company will hire rookies who have just earned their CDL A licenses.
The company notes that they will provide training and that drivers will be home weekly.
Cooke makes trucking easy with top-of-the-line benefits:
- 401(k) retirement
- Profit sharing program
- Sick days
- Vacation pay
- Dental, health, prescription and vision insurance
On top of these core benefits, the company ensures that their drivers are behind the wheel of best-in-class rigs, payroll is direct-deposited weekly, safety bonuses are offered and there is even a sign-on bonus for students.
Equipment is assigned to drivers, so you’ll know what vehicle you’ll be using day after day. If you stay with the company long-term, they also offer a years of service bonus to drivers. The bonus empowers drivers to stay with the fleet and earn more over time.
Some of the additional perks of hauling with Cooke Trucking include:
- All assigned rigs are three years old or newer
- Drivers have access to ultra loft sleepers with refrigerators
- 12-speed automatic transmission in each vehicle
- Rigs are outfitted with the latest security features, including side sensors and collision mitigation systems
Regular home time is offered. If you are part of the west coast trip team, you’ll have 4 – 6 days on the road before enjoying time off. Electronic logging devices are in each truck, along with Sirius XM, Prepass and Qualcomm.
If you’re assigned a rig, you can be confident that you’ll drive a rig that is less than three years old, offering you the best safety features available.
What Drivers are Saying About Cooke Trucking
Drivers have a lot of good things to say about Cooke Trucking, including:
- Great company for new drivers who need experience. Drivers will run coast to coast, with most routes ranging from 1500 – 3000 miles.
- A Class A driver states that the company is filled with good people who are willing to take on new drivers fresh out of school. The one thing the person didn’t like was that they were team driving.
- Home time averages two days per week, and there is as much work as you like.
- Dispatch is praised in a lot of reviews, with drivers stating that the dispatchers listen to their needs and work with them to ensure timely deliveries.
Drivers are often part of a team, running from coast to coast on trucks that are 30 months old or less. If you’re considering a career with a North Carolina transport company, Cooke Trucking is a great choice.
Ready To Start Earning More