If you have been looking for a way to secure and organize your gear in the back of your truck, you need a truck tool box—but not just any truck tool box.
If there is one name in this industry you probably know, it is Decked. But if you have never used a Decked truck tool box yourself, you may wonder what the big deal is.
This post is going to go over the features and benefits of Decked truck tool box and drawer storage systems in detail. That way, you can figure out for yourself if a Decked truck tool box is for you.
To get started, let’s introduce the Decked brand. Decked was a company that launched to address what its founders realized was a serious gap in the market for truck organizing systems. As they explain on their site, plywood drawer systems just were not cutting it. So, they introduced a more rugged solution.
Decked products have become the standard not just for their smart designs, but also their high-quality materials and manufacturing. Decked writes, “Manufactured in Defiance, Ohio, we have gone to great lengths in R&D, engineering, and manufacturing to make life easier for our customers. You’re damn right we’re zealots for good ergonomics and efficient organization. Driven by a passion for perfection and doing the right thing, we are proud to design, engineer, and manufacture our products from recycled materials right here in the U.S.A.”
What are Decked Truck Tool Boxes and Drawers?
Decked tool boxes and drawers are the ultimate in truck organization. The tool box is designed to go in your truck bed, and is promoted by the company as “nearly indestructible.”
As for the drawer systems, you can install those in your truck bed and use them to pull out anything else you have stowed back there. They spare you from having to lean at awkward angles or climb into your truck bed to dig around for what you need.
Decked Tool Box Features
Here are the features and advantages you get with a Decked Tool Box:
- You can select a Decked tool box that is a perfect fit for your make, model and year of vehicle.
- To secure your tool box, you receive a driver side lock and key set with your purchase. The tool box latches in multiple locations, and resists prying, even with a crow bar.
- You can buy an optional ladder to make it easier to reach the tool box.
- The low profile truck tool box is waterproof thanks to its molded, seamless design, so it is suitable for all climates and resistant to rust. The hardware is treated to resist corrosion, and the seal is an EPDM gasket.
- The rugged design can stand up to lots of knocking about in the back of your truck. It will resist denting or dinging. The injection molded high-impact resin is already pretty tough, but it is reinforced with galvanized steel and aluminum to make it extra strong.
- A portable D-box is included with your purchase together with hangers. That way, you can organize inside the tool box with ease. Have a lot of little odds and ends you need to store in the tool box? Your purchase also includes a “snack tray” to keep these items safely contained.
- It is so easy to open and close the lid of this Decked storage box thanks to the torsion springs.
Decked Drawer System Features
Check out the exciting features and benefits of a Decked Drawer System:
- These ridiculously strong drawers can support up to 200 pounds each , making them ideal even for your heaviest items.
- This system is weatherproof and dust-proof, protecting contents from the elements.
- It is super easy to install the Decked Drawers in your truck. In most cases, you do not need to drill at all.
- Segmented organization makes it a breeze to keep everything in its right place so it is easy to grab what you need without digging around.
- Securing your drawer storage with this system is as simple as locking your tailgate. No one will be able to access your drawer contents or see them. In fact, a lot of people probably will not even guess you have storage drawers back there at all.
What are Customers Saying About Decked Products?
Customers say installation for Decked products is fast and intuitive, to the point where you may not even need the instructions. But if you do, you will find them clear and easy to follow.
Buyers also attest that these products are every bit as rugged and weatherproof as advertised. Many customers also comment on how accessible and ergonomic the Decked Tool Box and Drawer System are compared to truck storage solutions from competing companies.
Any complaints? Occasionally a customer will receive a product with a flaw. With the Tool Box, there is sometimes an issue where the lid does not fit/close right. Some buyers also say that the Drawers are not 100% waterproof.
That said, buyers say that if you do need the company to help you out under your warranty, you will find them friendly, flexible, and easy to work with. They will go the extra mile to make sure you have everything you need in working order.
Pros of Decked Tool Boxes and Drawers
- These products are incredibly durable, designed to take anything nature or human beings can throw at them. You will not need to worry about rain, dust, or theft.
- You can neatly organize your items in these storage solutions.
- The installation process is quick and easy even with limited tools or experience. You should be able to DIY it yourself with no problems (though a second pair of hands can be a big help).
- You cannot beat these products from an ergonomic standpoint. Your back, neck and shoulders will thank you for choosing products that make it easy to reach everything in your truck bed without climbing inside.
- The privacy and security offered by Decked truck organizers is outstanding.
- Decked offers fast and free shipping.
- Decked products are made in the USA with strict quality control during the manufacturing process.
- Your purchase is backed by a lifetime warranty. Decked is renowned for the quality of its customer support.
Cons of Decked Tool Boxes and Drawers
- Occasionally the tool boxes seem to ship with a lid alignment flaw.
- The waterproofing is not always perfect.
- Decked products do not come cheap. But if you can swing the cost, you will be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner. The quality of life upgrade from either the Tool Box or the Drawer System is huge.
Where Can You Get a Decked Tool Box or Drawer System for Your Truck?
If you are ready to say goodbye to the days of clambering around inside your truck bed digging through a mess of items, it is time to get a Decked Tool Box or Drawer System. Decked will transform your truck bed into the organized, streamlined, sturdy and secure storage zone of your dreams. To get Decked storage products now, click the link below.