National Freight, Inc., better known as NFI, was founded by the Brown family in 1932.
Today, the company is still privately held and generates more than $2 billion in revenue annually. NFI has more than 50 million square feet of warehouse and distribution space. Their fleet consists of more than 3,000 tractors and 12,500 trailers.
NFI offers career opportunities for both company drivers and owner-operators.
NFI Trucking Services
NFI offers asset-based and non-asset-based solutions to customers.
These solutions include:
NFI is a leading dedicated fleet provider, serving customers in a wide range of industries, including:
Dedicated fleets may use specialized equipment to improve efficiency or natural gas to reduce environmental impact.
NFI offers dedicated refrigerated solutions and refrigerated intermodal containers for longer hauls.
Other transportation solutions include:
- Global transportation
- Transportation management
NFI Transportation Careers
NFI offers driving opportunities for company drivers and owner-operators.
Routes are local, so drivers get more home time and predictable schedules.
- 95% of NFI drivers are home every day or every other day
All of the company’s driving positions are 100% dedicated and either local or regional. Specialized career opportunities are also available, including flatbed, tanker and refrigerated.
NFI’s fleet consists of late-model trucks with advanced safety features. They also offer 24/7 support when it comes to roadside assistance, maintenance and on-site management.
Pay is competitive, and benefits are immediate.
- Paid time off
- Life insurance
NFI also offers training programs for:
- New drivers
- Student drivers
- Returning drivers
- Military drivers
If you’re a new driver or fresh out of school, NFI will work with you to get started in a career with the company. They also offer great driving opportunities for those who served in the military.
A variety of positions are available for company drivers as well as owner-operators.
For company drivers, jobs are available for:
- Port drayage
- Straight truck
- Rail drayage
Company drivers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- At least 22 years of age
- Hold a Class A CDL from the state in which you reside
- At least 1 year of verifiable experience driving a similar type/size vehicle
If you do not have a year of experience, NFI may have an opportunity for you to work around this requirement.
When partnering with NFI, owner operators enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Frequent home time (usually daily)
- Fuel surcharge on every mile
- 100% round trip freight
- Same pay rate for every mile (empty and loaded)
- 100% toll reimbursement
- Paid permits and plates
- Low or no-touch freight
- Competitive insurance program
All owner operators must meet the same requirements that company drivers must meet.
NFI Trucking Company Driver Pay
National Freight Inc Pay Rankings
User Review( votes)
When working as a company driver with NFI, your pay will depend on a variety of factors, including your location and unit.
According to our surveys and 3rd-party tools the average company driver at NFI earns:
- $61,491 per year
NFI doesn’t disclose their pay rates for company drivers, but you can get an idea of how much you’ll earn by looking at job listings. Here are a few examples from their current job postings:
- De Pere, Wisconsin: Multi-stop bakery routes; $1,200-$1,350/week first-year average; $5,000 sign-on bonus; home daily
- Plainfield, Connecticut: Dedicated fleet for truckload store deliveries; $1,250/week or $65,000/year for first-year average; $2,500 sign-on bonus; home daily
- Duncan, South Carolina: 53’ dry can loads between retail and distribution locations; $850 average weekly pay; home daily
- Allentown, Pennsylvania: Hauling loads of bottled water; $1,200-$1,300 average weekly pay; $2,500 sign-on bonus; home 2-3 times per week
- Mesquite, Texas: $62,000-$73,000/year average; $5,000 sign-on bonus; home mid-week and weekends
- Hagerstown, Maryland: $1,200-$1,400/week or $65,000-$70,000/year on average; $5,000 sign-on bonus; reset at home
- Muskogee, Oklahoma: Yard spotter; $11.50/hour; M-Th schedule w/12-hour shifts
- Nichols, New York: Trailer spotter; $18/hour; Sun-Th schedule
- Nazareth: Pennsylvania: Yard jockey; $18/hour
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania: Up to $75,000/year; $5,000 sign-on bonus per driver; 5 days out and 2 days home
- Indianapolis, Indiana: $65,000-$75,000/year on average; $5,000 sign-on bonus; home daily or semi-local
- Winchester, Virginia: $1,100-$1,200/week average; $2,500 sign-on bonus; home daily opportunities
- San Antonio, Texas: $1,200-$1,300/week average; top earners make $87,000/year or more
- Merrimack, New Hampshire: $1,000/week or $52,000/year average; home daily
- Allentown, Pennsylvania: $1,300-$1,350/week average; $5,000 sign-on bonus; $210 daily minimum guaranteed
- Chicago, Illinois: $1,200/week average; home daily
NFI also offers the following bonuses:
- Quarterly/annual safety bonus
- $2,000 referral bonus
- $50 for a clean roadside inspection
- Trainers/finishers get an additional $250/week or $10,000/year
NFI Owner-Operator Pay
NFI offers little information about owner-operator pay on their website, but according to Indeed, drivers earn:
When looking at job listings, you can get a better idea of how much owner-operators really earn with NFI.
Here are some examples:
- Route from SC to Laredo, TX and El Paso, TX: $3,200/week gross average
- Minooka, IL dedicated contractors: $3,700/week gross average; top contractors earn more than $4,000/week gross
- Intermodal container hauling out of Savannah, GA: $3,000-$4,000/week gross average;
Of course, pay will depend on a lot of things when you work as an owner-operator.
You may earn more or less, depending on the time of year and how much you’re willing to work. But NFI’s pay is on par with other carriers, and if you’re willing to work hard, you may earn more than average. In some cases, top contractors gross more than $4,000 per week with freight that’s either no- or low-touch.