Status Transportation was founded in 2009 by a team of industry professionals. They are known for being one of the leading Orlando trucking companies for owner operators. The company, which operates out of offices in Orlando, FL and Atlanta, GA, helps owner operators run a profitable business and learn to adapt to their fast-paced environment.
Status offers job opportunities for owner operators with a strong work ethic, and they are known for offering some of the best paying owner operator jobs.
Status Transportation Corporation Jobs
Owner operators will find consistent miles when working with Status Transportation. They offer weekly settlements and competitive pay. However, drivers must be experienced.
Qualifications will depend on whether you own just a tractor or a tractor and trailer.
If you own just a tractor, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 2 years of verifiable experience driving a tractor-trailer
- Own your own semi-truck that’s year 2000 or newer
If you own a tractor and trailer, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- Own a semi-truck that’s year 2000 or newer
- Have a reefer trailer that’s no older than 7 years old or a trailer no older than 10 years old
The company runs all 48 states, and owner operators can choose between OTR and regional runs.
- OTR drivers are out for 3 weeks at a time
- Regional drivers are out 5 days a week
Regional drivers must be willing to drive in their home state and five surrounding states. Drivers have the option of running more, but they cannot run less.
Owner operators who join the team will be assigned a freight coordinator who will help them create a strategy to succeed with their business. In addition, the company provides resources and support, including fuel cards, dedicated dispatchers, advances – whatever drivers need to succeed.
The company also offers a group insurance policy option with competitive rates to ensure that owner operators have the coverage they need.
Status Transportation Pay
Status Transportation offers competitive pay for owner operators. According to the company, drivers gross:
- $7,500-$13,600/week for solo drivers
- $16,000-$22,000/week for teams
- 75% of gross revenue for OTR
- 72% of gross revenue for regional
Drivers get additional pay or perks based on whether they have their own trailers.
Drivers without a trailer:
- Pay $145 weekly for the use of their trailer (no insurance cost)
- Get access to a tractor and trailer repair facility
- Get access to their plate program
Drivers with a trailer:
- Receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Receive $500 pay for orientation
- Get access to their tractor and trailer repair facility
- Get access to their plate program
The Benefits of Working with Status Transportation
Status Transportation is one of the Orlando trucking companies that understands the ins and outs of being an owner operator. Multiple program benefits are available to help you run your business successfully.
- Direct deposit, so money is in the bank when you need it most
- Fuel cards and fuel discount programs to help lower your overhead and keep fuel costs down
- No forced dispatch – you’re the boss
- A referral program that earns you $500 after 30 days
- $150 set-up fee for all of your decals and permits
- $55 per quarter for IFTA calculation plus your IFTA cost
- $18 per month in PrePass
- $500 paid orientation
- $1,000 sign-on bonus
Mechanic accounts are also available, and all drivers will receive e-logs at no additional cost.
All loads are no-touch freight, so you only need to concern yourself with delivering goods on time. If you prefer long runs, there are options available for you, too. There are runs that stretch from:
- Northern to Southern United States
- West to East coast
- Midwest routes
Status Transportation even has a plates program to help you get your plates.
With rising fuel costs causing many owner-operators to struggle to maintain profitability, Status Transportation has decided to offer fuel cards. Most fuel stations accept these cards, which provide a $0.60 discount per gallon of gas.
You can save as much as $200 per week on just fuel costs, putting more money in your pocket each week.
Truckers reviewing Status state that the company is a great option for owner operators, especially if you plan on leasing with them. One trucker said it best when he said, “Status and I are partners.” You’ll work together with Status Transportation to make a lot of money.
However, you have loads given to you and can cut out tracking down your own loads.
Status Transportation pays its independent contractors very well. In fact, you can earn as much as 16% more than the national average driving for Status. If you’re an owner operator who wants to work with a company that “gets it” and works hard to keep more money in your pocket, Status is a good option.
Hiring at Status is at one of two locations:
- Orlando, Florida, at their location 721 Garden Commerce Pkwy. Winter Garden, Florida 34787. You can also call them at (407) 574-7990
- Atlanta, Georgia, at their location 4851-101 GA Hwy 85 Forest Park, GA 30297. You can also call them at (404) 551-4884.
Walk-ins are available at all locations, or you can call the numbers above to begin working alongside the Status Transportation team.
For job opportunities visit https://statustrucks.com/
Status Transportation Pay Rankings