Headquartered in Cheney, Washington, System Transport is the largest flatbed carrier along the West Coast and one of the top California flatbed trucking companies. The company has been in business since 1972, and now boasts a fleet of more than 800 trucks. Job opportunities are available to both experienced drivers and new CDL graduates.
The company serves 48 states and Canada, which provides drivers with many types of job opportunities.
Driver Jobs at System Transport
System Transport offers a wide range of driving positions to accommodate drivers of all kinds.
Regional drivers enjoy more home-time. Most are home 1-2 days out of every 5-10 days. Drivers typically haul structural steel, steel coil, flat sheet steel, building materials, farm and construction machinery and locomotive components.
Regional positions are divided into the following areas:
- The West Coast
- The Midwest and South
- The Northwest and Canada
- Colorado and nearby states
- The Southwest
Over the Road
Over the road drivers are typically home 2-3 days for every 14-21 days out, and they serve the entire U.S. and Canada. These drivers typically haul lumber, machinery, flat sheet, aluminum coils, building materials, containers, tubing, pipe and steel. For this position, the company hires both experienced drivers and trainees right out of school.
The carrier works with owner-operators as well. Contracts vary, and include regional, OTR and specialized routes.
System Transport also hires drivers with specialized skills to haul certain types of loads. Specialized positions include:
- 8-axle company driver
- Poles company driver
- Glass company driver
Both regional and OTR positions are available in the specialized division.
Team positions are available for both regional and over the road positions. Team drivers typically haul copper, coils, steel, wallboard, tubing, air handlebars, rebar and metal buildings.
Employee Benefits and Driver Portal
System Transport employees enjoy a range of benefits and perks.
- Weekly pay
- The company pays all miles – loaded and empty
- Home time
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability
- Critical health insurance plans
- 401(k), dental, medical, vision and life insurance
- Passenger program after 90 days
- APUs and inverters
- Late-model equipment
- Full tuition reimbursement from driving school
Along with offering excellent benefits, the carrier also has a Driver Portal app that makes life as a company driver easier.
The app includes the following features:
- Alerts for satellite messaging. Drivers can also set up text messaging to be alerted about future trips.
- Access to trips, pay, fuel, safety and more. Drivers can see how much they earned, and get information about upcoming trips.
- Real-time updates, so you always have the most accurate and up-to-date information at your fingertips.
The app is available on every device, from smartphones to tablets and computers.
System Transport Driver Requirements
Like any other carrier, System Transport has certain standards that drivers must meet in order to be considered for hiring.
These requirements include:
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a valid CDL
- Pass a DOT drug screen
- Have an acceptable CSA score
- Complete orientation
- Have a valid long-form DOT physical and Medical Card
- Pass a road test
- Pass a physical demands test
- Have a valid telephone number
Potential drivers must not have:
- Any alcohol- or drug-related convictions within the last five years.
- Any unapproved felony or misdemeanor convictions within the last six years.
- Tested positive for drugs or alcohol while operating a commercial motor vehicle.
- Any more than 3 moving violations within the last two years
System Transport Salary
System Transport Pay Rankings
User Review( votes)
System Transport divulges some information about their pay scale, although it varies depending on the driver’s position.
According to the company, driver pay varies from:
- $46,000 and $56,000+
Actual drivers report slightly higher earnings for the most part.
According to Indeed.com:
- Regional drivers: $62,111 per year (based on 11 salaries)
- Truck drivers: $61,503 per years (based on 44 salaries)
- Driver: $42,057 (based on 4 salaries)
Indeed.com says the average salary for drivers ranges from $42,057 and $62,111 per year for regional drivers.
System Transport is well-rated by drivers. Employees like that there are many options when it comes to driving positions. Company drivers can choose regional or OTR positions, which allows them to choose a schedule that suits their lifestyle. The company also works with owner-operators, so those who want to be their own bosses can continue a working relationship with the carrier.
When working for System Transport, employees enjoy the benefit of being with a company that has decades of experience and lasting relationships with customers.