This post was last updated on July 20th, 2019
USA Truck Inc. has been in the transportation industry for more than three decades. The company first opened its doors in 1983 under the name Crawford Produce Inc. (CPI). At the time, the company had fewer than 10 tractors on the road.
In 1986, CPI was incorporated under the name USA Truck, and management purchased the company three years later. USA Truck went public in March 1992, and has been steadily growing ever since.
Today, the company has more than 1,600 driving team members. USA Truck has developed a reputation for being the largest over-the-road truckload carriers in the business.
USA Truck Services
USA Truck offers several services to meet the needs of their customers, including:
- Truckload Freight
- Dedicated Transportation
- Freight Brokerage
- Intermodal Freight
- Mexico Transborder
- Flatbed Trucking
- Engineered Solutions
- Dry Van Freight
- Canada Transborder
- LTL Freight
- Expedited Freight
- Refrigerated Freight
The company services a wide range of industries, including:
- Food and Beverage
- Health Care
- Consumer Products
USA Truck Recruiting & Jobs
USA Truck offers employment opportunities for dry van, dedicated, flatbed, OTR, regional and team fleets.
They work with:
- Students earning their CDLs
- Experienced drivers
- Recent graduates
- Owner operators
- Transitioning military
- Carriers with their own authority
- Lease purchase drivers
- Drivers returning from driving
The company is a Top Pay Certified carrier, so they offer more than just cents per mile.
USA Truck also offers bonuses for longevity, referrals and production to boost driver pay.
Managers only handle 25 drivers at a time, and drivers are welcome to bring their furry friends along for the ride. Company drivers enjoy paid vacations, flexible home time options and great benefits.
To be considered for hiring, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- No more than 3 incidents, collisions or accidents within the last 36 months
- No more than 3 moving violations in the last 36 months
- No DWI, DUI or moving violations involving alcohol or drugs in the last 36 months
- Must have a stable work history
- Must have a valid CDL-A and a Medical Card
USA Truck Company Driver Benefits
USA Truck offers four company driver positions: regional, dedicated, flatbed and teams.
Company drivers also receive benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Employee stock ownership program
- Paid time off
- Rider policy
- Pet policy
Regional Drivers Pay Stats
Regional drivers run East of I-35 and average 2,100-2,500 miles per week. Now, drivers will see an increase in their pay each week when they drive more miles. Drivers can earn up to $0.52 ½ CPM.
- 2001-2200 miles adds $0.02 CPM
- 2201-2400 miles adds $0.03 CPM
- 2401-2600 miles adds $0.04 CPM
- 2601-280 miles adds $0.05 CPM
- 2801+ miles adds $0.06 CPM
Drivers also receive:
- Loyalty bonuses that reward drivers with tenure
- 20-year regional pay schedule which includes annual increases
- $1,000 driver referral bonus
- $0.01 CPM monthly fuel/idle bonus
Dedicated, Flatbed and Team Drivers Pay Stats
USA truck offers several different routes for dedicated, flatbed and team drivers. The company isn’t transparent about pay rates, but we do know that these drivers receive from 3rd party sites:
- Up to $10,000 in annual incentives
According to Glassdoor.com, company drivers earn $42,377 per year working for USA Truck as of 11/29/18.
Dedicated, flatbed and team drivers can expect to be paid a similar salary. Team drivers may earn more because they can cover more miles.
USA Truck Owner Operator Pay
USA Truck partners with owner-operators to provide steady work and reliable pay.
Owner-operators can choose between two pay packages:
- Mileage: $1.05 CPM
- Percentage: 65% of load revenue plus FSC
Drivers also receive:
- Fuel discounts
- Free EZ Pass
- Referral bonuses
- Complimentary lumpers
USA Truck has also launched a lease purchase program for drivers who want to take charge of their careers.
According to Indeed.com, owner operators earn about $5,000 per month.
USA Truck Plus Power Program
USA Truck now has a Plus Power program for carriers with their own authority, which allows you to take home 85% of gross revenue of the load and 100% FSC passed through. The company takes care of the paperwork and invoicing.
In order to join this partnership, you must meet the following requirements:
- $1 million in Primary Auto Legal Liability Insurance
- $100,000 in Cargo Liability Insurance
- $25,000 in Interchange Insurance
- Signed agreements
- Have a DOT safety score of “satisfactory” or “none”