Reddaway has been in business for more than a century. Founded in 1919 in Oregon City, OR, the company serves the western United States and specializes in next-day and two-day deliveries. Reddaway boasts one of the lowest claims in the western U.S. and high on-time reliability.
The company has more than 3,000 employees and has been awarded the Quest for Quality award from Logistics Management for the last two decades. Reddaway has been a part of the YRC Worldwide Companies family since 2004 and is now a part of YRC Regional Transportation as part of their LTL regional unit.
Reddaway Service and Coverage Areas
Reddaway offers direct, regional services to the western United States and one Canadian province:
- British Columbia
The company also provides ocean delivery to Alaska and door-to-door shipments in Hawaii. For cross-country service, Reddaway relies on their sister companies New Penn and Holland for shipments to the central and eastern U.S.
Reddaway’s services include:
- Next Day: Reddaway boasts 99% on-time service and deliveries that are 99% damage-free.
- Regional: Two and three-day freight shipping throughout the western United States.
- Guaranteed: Deliveries on the customer’s required date and time, either before 9 am, before noon or before 3:30 am.
- Expedited: For time-sensitive shipments. Reddaway’s expedited shipments are on-time and damage-free.
- Residential: Delivers products straight to customers’ homes, including furniture, appliances, workshop equipment, exercise equipment, playground equipment and more. Reddaway offers two tiers of service: curbside or inside delivery with light assembly.
USF Reddaway Jobs
Reddaway drivers enjoy competitive wages, generous benefits and a friendly work environment.
In order to work for the company, drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid Class A CDL
- Willingness and ability to obtain Tankers, Doubles/Triples and HazMat endorsements with TSA clearance
- Safe and clean driving record
- Must be willing to work the maximum hours permitted under DOT Hours of Service Regulations
- Must pass a criminal background check, employment check, TSA Security Threat assessment, drug screen, driving test and physical performance test
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform the mathematical calculations needed for the job
- Excellent communication skills
- Must meet the requirements of Sections 391 and 383 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
No matter the position, Reddaway drivers are expected to do the following:
- Operate a tractor-trailer to pick up and deliver shipments in a defined area
- Perform post-trip and pre-trip inspections of tractors and trailers
- Change equipment configurations as needed
- Drop and hook trailers as necessary
Reddaway doesn’t provide much information about their salaries, aside from stating that they offer competitive wages. We compiled a list over 57 driver surveys and have their annual driver salary at $62,864.
Reddaway Trucking Pay Rankings
User Review( votes)
When you research the company on on 3rd-party payroll sites, you find a few different hourly pay rates:
According to Indeed’s data, the average truck driver in the U.S. earns $20.49/hour. The hourly wages listed for Reddaway are close to the national average, but you do have the benefit of doing regional or local driving. This means that you will be home more often, with most jobs requiring no more than two or three days out.
Reddaway drivers receive a generous benefits package. Benefits packages may vary depending on your location, job and length of employment with the company, but basic benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid overtime
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick time
Qualifying employees may also take time off under the Family Medical Leave Act if necessary. This allows drivers to take a leave of absence for the birth and bond of a child; caring of a spouse, child or parent; the care of their own serious health conditions; or other qualifying situations. It ensures that drivers maintain health benefits and have a job when they return to work.
Overall, Reddaway offers great benefits to drivers and pays the entire premium cost. It’s one of the biggest perks of working for the company.
Most Reddaway drivers enjoy working for the company. Like any other transportation company, some drivers have complaints, but most are satisfied with:
- The benefits
- The pay
Employees give the benefits package high praise. The company pays 100% of the premiums, which is a major benefit for employees. Pay rates are competitive, especially when you consider the benefits you receive. Drivers also enjoy generous vacation time, paid sick leave and paid holidays.
Most drivers are happy with company management, but there are some complaints about management turnover. It’s not uncommon for trucking companies to have a high turnover rate with management.
Some drivers are unhappy with the way things are organized, but this is another common complaint with trucking companies.
Overall, Reddaway offers many job opportunities for drivers in the western United States. The company has been in business for more than 100 years and employs thousands of people.