Veriha Trucking serves 48 states as well as Canada. The company’s 250+ drivers run routes primarily through the Northeast and Midwest. Veriha serves a wide range of industries, from groceries to auto parts, pet food and more.
John Veriha founded Veriha Trucking in 1978 in Porterfield, Wiconsin. As a solo driver, John made long haul runs from Wisconsin to California and back. John developed a reputation for being reliable and dedicated, which allowed his business to grow and thrive.
In 1982, Veriha expanded its operations.
Today, the company is still a family-owned and run in the hands of John’s daughter Karen.
Veriha Trucking Jobs
Veriha was named one of the 2018 Best Fleets to Drive For, and drivers enjoy working for the family-owned company.
Driver requirements include:
- 21+ years of age
- Clean motor vehicle record and work history
- FMCSA compliance
- Must pass a drug test, physical and functional capacity evaluation
Veriha offers several transportation solutions, with each department offering employment opportunities for drivers. These include:
Truckload is Veriha’s primary capacity, with runs focused primarily in the following Northeast and Midwest states:
Veriha has both regional and over-the-road trucking positions.
Their regional routes are concentrated in the Midwest (Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Missouri) and Northeast (New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New England states, Delaware and Maryland).
Their over-the-road routes service the Midwest, Northeast, Southeast and Canada.
Compressed Natural Gas Trucks
Veriha also has a fleet of CNG tractors – 28 in total – that have been serving their dedicated clients since 2012. These trucks service Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois.
Veriha Pay and Benefits
Veriha Pay Rankings
User Review( votes)
Veriha doesn’t list any pay information on their website. According to salary data from 3rd-party aggregators like Indeed.com, drivers earn:
- $60,057 per year
This information is based on more than 800 reported salaries.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Access to doctors via Teladoc from the first day of employment
- Clean DOT inspection and Hazmat pay
- Standard or per diem pay options
- 401(k) with company match
- Pet policy
- Rider policy
- Company-paid life insurance
- Congestion pay and short-haul pay of $0.05/mile
- Weekend premium pay at $0.03/mile
- Paid vacation based on your average earnings
- Paid time off for volunteer work
- 48 hours of home time every week – guaranteed
- 60% drop and hook freight
- 80-minute unload on average
- Detention pay after one hour
- Paid orientation
Veriha’s fleets are also equipped with advanced technologies, like:
- In-trailer and in-cab GPS tracking
- BOSE Ride Seats
- Trailer cargo sensors
- In-cab sattelite TV
- Crash mitigation technology
Veriha Trucking CDL Academy and Training
Veriha hires experienced drivers, but they also offer training for those who want to obtain their CDL A license through the following programs:
Veriha’s training academy is a three-week course that covers everything you need to know to obtain your Class A CDL.
After completing the program, students have the option of being placed in the Veriha fleet. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to work for Veriha if they don’t have a CDL yet. The Academy can easily be paid for once you transition to a full-time position.
Financing is available for training costs. Costs can range from $5,000 to $6,785.
Driving Academy Requirements
- At least 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a CDL A learner’s or instruction permit
- Must be able to pass the DOT physical
- Must be able to pass the functional capacity evaluation
- Must meet the DOT’s requirement for employment
Verhia will also need to run a motor vehicle record check in your state, which will cost $20 (fee is included in the tuition).
VIP Apprenticeship Program
Veriha’s VIP Apprenticeship program is state and veteran certified, and it’s designed to help students earn their Class A CDL.
This program is designed for those who want to transition into a trucking career while still making a living. Drivers are paid from day 1 of the program.
Veriha’s free CDL Refresher course is designed for drivers who have been out of the game for a while. Students hone their skills to get back behind the wheel.
Driver Finishing Program
The Finishing Program is for recent graduates or drivers with less than six months of experience. The program lasts 4-6 weeks and will give you all the tools you need to succeed in your trucking career.
Veriha’s training programs and wide range of driving opportunities makes this company an attractive option for both new and experienced drivers.