Bulkmatic Transport is one of the leading dry bulk trucking companies in North America. The company, which has been in business for more than 50 years, has more than 500 company drivers and 1,200 dry bulk trailers.
Bulkmatic specializes in the shipment of:
Ready To Start Earning More
- Food grade items
- Liquid edibles
The company’s fleet uses the latest technology and equipment to ensure shipments reach their destination quickly and safely.
Bulkmatic Driver Requirements
In order to drive for Bulkmatic, you must meet the company’s stringent requirements:
- Be at least 23 years of age.
- Have a valid Class A CDL.
- Meet all requirements and perform all tasks and essential duties outlined in the job description.
- Have at least 1-year of tractor trailer experience. If you have less than one year of experience, you may only drive within a designated radius of your terminal location (25-100 miles), and your Class A CDL must be in the state in which you reside.
- No drug- or alcohol-related violations in the last 5 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years.
- No reckless driving convictions in the last 3 years.
- Have none of the following types of accidents in the last 3 years: Head on, jackknife, rear-end, rollover or struck side of another vehicle.
- No more than 1 preventable road accident in the last 3 years.
- No more than a combination of 1 preventable off-road and 1 preventable on-road accident in the last 3 years.
- No more than 2 preventable off-road accidents in the last 3 years.
- Must be able to complete the required data entry and paperwork requirements
- Must fulfill Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Requirements
Bulkmatic driving positions require more physical labor than other driving positions. According to the company, about 2/3 of a driver’s time is spent behind the wheel. The remainder of the time is spent:
- Operating the pneumatic systems
- Interacting with customers
Physical requirements for driving jobs are as follows:
- Lifting and/or carrying hoses up to 50lbs.
- Pushing and pulling
- Climbing in and out of tractors, trailers and railcars
- Walking and standing
- Bending and crouching
- Manual dexterity
- Sitting for up to 11 hours a day
- Working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
If you’re worried about operating the pneumatic systems, don’t be. The company provides training and no experience is required.
The amount of home time you receive will depend on your driving position and location.
- 4 On/4 Off: Guaranteed home time on the 4 off. Drivers may get some home time during the 4 on, but this is not guaranteed. Weekend work will be required if the 4 on rotation covers a weekend.
- Driver: Drivers may average 1-3 nights on the road per month. However, drivers may have to spend up to 3 nights in a row out on the road. The company covers the cost of hotel rooms for overnight stays.
Bulkmatic Pay and Benefits
Bulkmatic’s pay information can be found in their job listings and on Indeed.com. Pay is mostly dependent on your location.
Here are some examples from current job listings:
- Decatur, AL: $1,200-$1,300/week average for drivers and $1,200/week average for 4 on/4 off.
- Hodgkins, IL: $1,400-$1,600/week average for drivers ($6,000 bonus for new drivers) and $1,000-$1,200/week average for 4 on/4 off.
- Griffith, IN: $1,400-$1,600/week average for drivers ($6,000 bonus for new drivers) and $1,100-$1,300/week average for 4 on/4 off.
- Baltimore, MD: $1,300-$1,500/week average for drivers ($6,000 bonus for new drivers).
- Baltimore, MD: $1,200-$1,400/week average for drivers.
- Buffalo, NY: $1,000-$1,300/week average for drivers ($4,000 bonus for new drivers).
Most job listings state that drivers earn, on average, more than $60,000 per year.
Bulkmatic Pay Rankings
User Review( vote)
According to Indeed.com, Bulkmatic drivers earn:
- $55,718 per year (6 salaries reported)
- $1,373 per week (302 salaries reported)
- $57,276 per year (9 salaries reported)
The figures from Indeed are a bit lower than the pay the company advertises in their job listings, but the number of salaries reported on the website are relatively low.
Bulkmatic provides paid training as well as a $1,000 sign-on bonus (sometimes more for some positions/locations).
In addition to base compensation, full-time company drivers receive the following benefits:
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life insurance
Bulkmatic has stringent requirements for drivers, but their dedication to safety and service demands that drivers be at their best.
Ready To Start Earning More