Combined Transport operates out of Central Point, Oregon. The family-owned and operated business is always looking for dedicated, qualified truck drivers to join their ranks.
Combined Transport Inc History
Combined Transport was founded in 1980 by Richard Card. A former owner-operator, Richard went on to own numerous freight brokerages before starting the company. Initially, one company truck and a few owner-operators were responsible for fulling contracts and delivering loads.
Richard’s sons bought his share of the company in 1990, following the same commitment and culture their father put in place.
As a growth-oriented provider, the company operates:
- Heavy trucks
- Specialized trucks
Blackwell Trucking was acquired by the parent company, Combined Transport Logistics Group, in 2012 and is the fastest-growing brand under its family of companies. Blackwell operates in 48 states and Canada, and has 120 tractors, 150 trailers and manages multiple dedicated fleets.
Combined Transport Driver Salary
The average salary for truckers at Combined Transport is $58,700, but pay can range from $21,600 to $94,000+. Multiple driver positions are available for the following units:
- Specialized flatbed
- Heavy haul
Salary for each position in the company varies, and bonus opportunities are always available. The following pay data is available on the company’s site:
- Specialized Flatbed – OTR: $1,400 – $1,900 per week, or $80,000 – $100,000 per year. OTR drivers also receive “momentum pay,” which means if you drive over 10,000 miles in a single month, you’ll receive an additional $0.20 CPM.
- Specialized Flatbed – Western Regional: This position pays $0.54 for all miles, a $0.04 per mile bonus and also comes with the momentum pay opportunity listed above.
- Reefer – OTR: Drivers earn up to $100,000 as a reefer driver and are paid $0.58 on all miles.
- Reefer – Western Regional: No pay data is given for this position, but the company does pay for all miles, loaded and empty.
- Step Deck: No pay information is given, but you will earn oversize and performance bonuses on top of Canada crossing pay, tarp pay and layover and detention pay.
- RGN (lowboy): Lowboy positions pay up to $120,000 per year, and you have the opportunity of earning momentum pay, too.
- Multi Axle: No pay data is provided, but the company does state that you’ll earn a “generous monthly salary.”
- Wind (Double Schnabel): Drivers in the Wind Division earn a salary of $7,000 per month with the opportunity to earn $2,000 a month in additional safety bonuses.
Drivers have a lot of opportunities to earn more money, whether it means exceeding 10,000 miles a month or through safety bonuses.
Reviews for the company are generally good, with OTR and other drivers stating that Combined Transport is a good company with newer equipment and a lot of driving opportunities. One complaint from drivers is that there is not enough off time per week, but this is a main issue with most trucking fleets.
Drivers are definitely kept busy and will have more than enough opportunities to make money. If you’re looking to maximize your earning, Combined Transport is a great option.
Combined Transport offers a comprehensive benefits package for its employees that includes the following:
- Medical insurance and prescription drug coverage
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- LifeBalance account, which promotes healthy work-life balance and wellness
- Short-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage
Employees can also get access to supplemental insurance options through Aflac, which can help cover things major medical insurance won’t cover.
Requirements to Work for Combined Transport
Drivers who are interested in joining the Combined Transport team will need to meet the following requirements:
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Must have at least two years of verifiable over-the-road experience and one year of reefer experience.
- Must not have any DUIs or felonies within the last five years.
Some positions may have additional requirements. For example, Step Deck drivers in the heavy haul unit will need to also have one year of Step Deck/Oversize experience. Generally, whatever department you want to work for will require at least a year of experience in that field.
For owner-operators that want to work with Combined Transport, you must have your own tractor and necessary equipment.
Combined Transport offers employment opportunities for experienced drivers who are motivated to work hard and are rewarded with a competitive salary.
Combined Transport Pay Rankings