N&M Transfer is a regional less than truckload carrier that has been in business since 1964. In its early days, the company served as a cartage carrier serving Menasha and Neenah, Wisconsin. In 1980, N&M headed in a new direction and opened a centralized distribution center in Neenah.
Neenah is now the company’s headquarters.
Ready To Start Earning More
The company has continued to grow since its inception, and today, they serve all of Wisconsin, Upper Michigan, major markets in Minnesota, Eastern Iowa, nearly all of Illinois and a large area of Indiana.
N&M has a fleet of more than 300 tractors and 450 trailers. They maintain a 99% on-time delivery percentage. The company moves more than 5 million pounds of commodities every day through the regional area.
N&M Freight Jobs
Because N&M is a regional carrier, drivers are home every night and on weekends. Drivers will operate out of one of the following areas:
- Neenah, Wisconsin: Drivers will report to the terminal every day and will be dispatched from here. Drivers may travel to Wisconsin, Chicago or Upper Michigan.
- Minocqua, Wisconsin: Dispatch is out of Neenah. Two positions are available: peddle and linehaul drivers.
- Baldwin, Wisconsin: Dispatch is out of Baldwin. Two positions are available: linehaul and peddle.
- Eldridge, Iowa: Linehaul and peddle positions are available. Dispatch is out of Eldridge. Deliveries are made throughout Central Illinois and Eastern Iowa.
- Kankakee, Illinois: Dispatch is out of the Eldridge terminal. Peddle and linehaul positions are available.
- Bloomington, Illinois: Peddle and linehaul driving positions are available. Dispatch is out of the Eldridge terminal.
- Rochester, Minnesota: Linehaul and peddle driver positions are available. Dispatch is out of the Baldwin facility.
- Remington, Indiana: Drivers are dispatched out of the Neenah terminal. Linehaul and peddle driver positions are available.
- South Bend, Indiana: Peddle and linehaul drivers work out of this location, which is dispatched out of Neenah.
Peddle drivers pick up and deliver freight daily. Drivers will make multiple stops throughout the day. Linehaul drivers transport freight to terminals on a nightly basis.
N&M has a low annual turnover rate of 6%, and that includes retirements. Currently, they employ more than 450 drivers.
The company regularly expands its fleet, which is outfitted with the best available technology to ensure efficiency and speedy deliveries. Virtually all drivers enjoy daily and/or weekend home time. Drivers must also wear uniforms, which are provided by N&M.
N&M Driver Qualifications
- 21+ years of age
- Excellent driving record with no OWIs in the last 5 years
- One year of tractor/trailer experience
- Ability to handle LTL freight
- Pass a DOT drug and physical screen
- Class A CDL with a Hazmat endorsement and Tank endorsement
- Must be willing to get endorsements if you don’t have them already
If you have less than a year of experience, N&M has a driver training program that can help you meet this qualification. This training is provided at no cost to employees, but a two-year commitment to employment is required in order to start the training.
N&M recommends that inexperienced drivers start work as a forklift operator, and then transition to the training program from there.
N&M Transfer Co Inc Pay & Benefits
N&M Transfer Pay Rating
User Review( votes)
According to N&M, drivers are paid $55,000-$70,000 on average annually. Research from Indeed.com shows that drivers are earning an average salary of $58,779/year.
Indeed’s data say that the average base salary for truckers in the U.S. is $60,924/year, so N&M comes close to the average.
Pay will depend on your location, position and experience level.
Drivers at N&M enjoy a generous benefits package, which includes:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health reimbursement account
- Prescription drug coverage
- Life insurance – $25,000 in term life insurance provided at no cost
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) profit sharing with 5% company contribution
- Flexible spending account
N&M also offers an accident-free mileage bonus and safety awards to employees.
The company has an onsite health clinic that can be used by drivers and their family members.
Overall, employees are happy working at N&M. The only real complaint drivers have is that they aren’t paid for down time. If you drive to a location and the shipment is canceled, drivers aren’t compensated for their time. Otherwise, drivers say that N&M is a great place to work with excellent benefits.
Ready To Start Earning More