Whether you own your own truck or are looking for a company driving job, Panther Trucking has opportunities for both new and experienced drivers. But the company does things a little bit differently. As a driver – whether you’re an owner operator or fleet driver – you’ll be treated as a contractor (more on that soon). That said, the pay is great, the benefits are excellent, and you’ll get the chance to work with some great people.
Panther Trucking Jobs
Panther Logistics is 100% owner operator based, which means contractors never have to compete with company drivers for available freight. And the company offers three options to new drivers:
- Fleet driver – You’ll be driving for a fleet owner.
- Fleet owner – You’ll own your own fleet of trucks.
- Owner operator – You’ll own your own truck and manage your own business.
And there are ample opportunities to earn bonuses. In fact, Panther has a special rewards program that only the best contractors qualify for. The rewards are lucrative, and make it worth the effort to put your best foot forward every day.
A Quick Note about Working as a Contractor
Because you’ll be working as a contractor (even if you’re hired as a fleet driver), you’ll be in charge of managing your finances. Essentially, you become your own boss the day Panther hires you.
To work with Panther Transportation as a fleet driver, you’ll need to meet the following requirements
For Straight Trucks and Cargo Vans
- Be at least 21 years of age
- NO experience necessary
- Be at least 21 years of age
- 6 months of recent and verifiable driving experience
All Fleet Drivers
- Possess a valid CDL
- Have a clean, verifiable driving record
- Good recent work history
- Must have a cell phone
- Cannot have more than three accidents, moving violations or incidents within the last three years
- Must know how to brace, block and tie down cargo
- Must be able to understand and speak English
- Must be able to determine if a vehicle is loaded safely
- Must pass the physical exam
- Must pass the Department of Transportation’s drug screening
If you’re just getting started in the trucking industry, working as a fleet driver on a straight truck or cargo van will get your foot in the door. Once you have experience, you may have the opportunity to start driving a tractor-trailer.
Panther’s owner-operators are independent and responsible for managing all aspects of their businesses. But just like fleet drivers, owner-operators must meet certain requirements:
- 21 years of age
- No experience required for straight trucks and cargo vans
- 6 months verifiable experience for tractor-trailer drivers
- Hold a valid CDL
- Have a verifiable, clean driving record and work history
- Have a cell phone
- Have no more than three incidents, moving violations or accidents in the last three years
- Must be able to read and speak English
- Must know how to verify if a truck is safely loaded and how to brace, block and tie down cargo
- Pass the physical exam and Department of Transportation drug test
If you’re an aspiring owner operator but don’t have your own truck yet, Panther is one of the best lease purchase trucking companies out there.
If you have the passion and the ambition, you can work as a fleet owner. With Panther, you’ll make your own rules and goals.
You’ll also gain other benefits, like:
- Maintaining your brand’s identity
- Reduce your costs by eliminating primary insurance lines
- Offer Panther’s rewards program to your drivers
- Increase your cash flow through weekly settlements
- No A/R liabilities
- Fuel tax is calculated and filed for you
- Access to non-expedite shipments, and more
Fleet owners manage their own fleets, so you probably won’t be doing any driving, but if you love the business and want to run your own fleet, this is the career path to take. This is something that other flatbed trucking companies do not offer.
Panther Trucking Pay Scale
Panther has a number of different career opportunities for drivers and aspiring fleet owners. But what about the pay?
How much can you expect to earn working with Panther?
Because the company is owner-operator based, the sky is the limit when it comes to earnings. And there are quite a few drivers that are grossing $100,000 or more per year.
But Panther Expedited pay varies depending on your location and the amount of experience you have.
- $1.40 per mile
- +$0.07/mile if you run as a team
- +$0.05/mile if you have a Hazmat endorsement
- +$0.12/mile if you haul Life Science or Government freight
According to Payscale, company employees earn:
- $30,674 on average with 1-4 years of experience
- $61,000 on average with 10-19 years of experience
Panther also offers sign on bonuses and a rewards program that motivates drivers and rewards them at the same time.
Sign on bonuses include:
- Up to $6,000 for tractor-trailer drivers
- Up to $4,000 for straight truck drivers
- Up to $500 for cargo van drivers
The Premier Rewards Program offers three tiers and each one has its own benefits:
- Bronze: Bronze priority for home time, $50 cash reward, $0.005 RPM bonus
- Silver: Silver priority for home time, more load opportunities, 1,000 rollover miles, $100 cash bonus, $0.01 RPM bonus
- Gold: Gold priority for home time, more load opportunities, 10,000 rollover miles, $150 cash bonus, $0.015 RPM bonus
With a sign on bonus, rewards program and competitive pay, Panther trucking is a great place to start or boost your career in the trucking industry. Although you’ll be working as a contractor, you’ll have the opportunity to earn a great salary and eventually, own or lease your own truck if you wish.