ShipEX launched in 2007 with just a single truck and trailer. Over the next ten years, the company would grow to more than 350 trucks.
While they may have expanded their fleet, the first-hand, personal experience as truck drivers gave the ShipEX founders a deeper understanding of what truckers go through on a daily basis. That experience reflects in the company’s pay model and culture.
ShipEX Trucking Pay Scale
ShipEX is different from other trucking companies when it comes to salaries and bonuses.
Rather than following the cents per mile model, ShipEX pays their drivers are true salary.
No matter what, drivers can be sure that they will receive the same paycheck every week. Along the way, they have opportunities to boost their compensation through bonuses.
Drivers frequently have to deal with detention, traffic and weather delays that eat into their ability to get the miles they need to earn the salary they want or need. In fact, drivers lose about 20,000 miles every year just because of detention.
Salary pay means that drivers are paid regardless of whether they’re out on the road, stuck in traffic or in detention. What this means is that drivers can make ends meet without worries or having to work even more.
Along with a base salary, ShipEX also gives drivers an opportunity to earn:
- Productivity bonuses
- Compliance bonuses
Drivers can even estimate how much they’ll earn by using the company’s salary calculator.
ShipEX Salary Calculator
ShipEx’s salary calculator helps you better understand your earnings potential when working for the company.
The bonuses are based on your miles per month and how many years you’ve been working with ShipEX. The number of miles you drive will also help you earn a compliance bonus.
For example, if you drive 11,500-11,999 miles per month and work for ShipEX for 1 year, you would be eligible for a productivity bonus of:
- $300 every month
- $3,600 per year
If you drive 10,000-12,500 miles, you’re also eligible for a monthly compliance bonus of $187.50.
The base salary is $62,500, so with the productivity and compliance bonuses, your annual salary would be $68,350.
The more miles you drive and the longer you stay with ShipEX, the higher your earnings will be. But even newbies can earn quite a bit.
Earnings Potential for New Drivers at ShipEX
Let’s take a closer look at the productivity bonus potential for drivers who have been with ShipEX for 0 years:
- 11,500-11,999 miles per month: $250/month
- 12,000-12,499 miles per month: $500/month
- 12,500-12,999 miles per month: $750/month
- 13,000-13,499 miles per month: $1,000/month
- 13,500-13,999 miles per month: $1,250/month
- 14,000-14,499 miles per month: $1,500/month
- 14,500-14,999 miles per month: $1,750/month
- 15,000-15,499 miles per month: $2,000/month
- 15,500-15,999 miles per month: $2,250/month
- 16,000-16,499 miles per month: $2,500/month
- 16,500-16,999 miles per month: $2,750/month
- 17,500+ miles per month: $3,000/month
Earnings Potential for Veteran Drivers (8+ years) at ShipEX
- 11,500-11,999 miles per month: $650/month
- 12,000-12,499 miles per month: $1,300/month
- 12,500-12,999 miles per month: $1,950/month
- 13,000-13,499 miles per month: $2,600/month
- 13,500-13,999 miles per month: $3,250/month
- 14,000-14,499 miles per month: $3,900/month
- 14,500-14,999 miles per month: $4,550/month
- 15,000-15,499 miles per month: $5,200/month
- 15,500-15,999 miles per month: $5,850/month
- 16,000-16,499 miles per month: $6,500/month
- 16,500-16,999 miles per month: $7,150/month
- 17,500+ miles per month: $7,800/month
As you can see, you can earn quite a bit when you stick with the company for a long time.
Your mileage can also help boost your compliance bonus earnings.
- 0-9,999 miles: $50/month
- 10,000-12,500 miles: $124/month
- 12,500+ miles: $187.5/month
Even as a newbie, if you can max out the compliance and productivity bonuses, you could earn:
- $62,500 base salary + $36,000 productivity bonus + $2,250 compliance bonus = $100,750 per year
As a new driver for ShipEX, you could potentially earn more than $100k in the first year alone. You’d be hard-pressed to find many other trucking companies offering such a high earning potential in the first year of working for them.
ShipEX Transport Benefits
Salary is important, but it isn’t everything. ShipEX drivers also enjoy:
- New equipment: New Volvos and Freightliners
- Perks: Rider and pet programs, satellite radio, refrigerators, inverters, bunk heaters, etc.
- Flexible home time
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% health insurance premium coverage
- Monthly bonuses
- Referral bonuses ($1,000)
- 18+ months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- OTR experience
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years
- No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 7 jobs in the last 3 years
ShipEX offers a true salary to its drivers, with the ability to earn compliance and productivity bonuses every month. Their salary pay model allows drivers to worry less about their miles and more about safety and service. Sure, you can boost your earnings by driving more miles, but you always have your base salary to rely on.
The company is hiring drivers across the country who meet the above requirements. The company’s fleet now consists of more than 385 new model tractors.
To get started please visit ShipEx.com more current openings.