ATS Trucking (Anderson Trucking Service) is a family-owned and operated trucking company that’s been in business for over 60 years.
They’ve hauled over a million tons and has earned a reputation for being a top-payer in the trucking industry. Whether you’re an independent owner-operator or looking to become a company driver, ATS has something for every trucker.
Ready To Start Earning More
Let’s take a look at what the company has to offer for owner operators and company drivers.
Why Drive for ATS?
Why choose ATS over other trucking companies to start your career?
- Family owned for three generations. Harold Anderson founded ATS in 1955, and today, the business is still being led by the Anderson family. The company’s CEO started working at ATS at 14, helping repair trailers and load granite. Both Vice Presidents and the company’s Relationships Consultant are part of the Anderson family.
- Consistent high-paying freight. Company drivers start out making $.48cpm, while owner-operators earn $180,000 on average. With sophisticated ATS logistics services, the company offers top-quality freight – and they pay well for it.
- Excellent employee benefits. ATS offers excellent medical insurance and employee benefits that kick in after 60 days of continuous full-time employment. With low deductibles and affordable weekly payments, many truckers join ATS just for the company’s benefits.
- Broad range of divisions. ATS offers flatbed, vans, heavy haul and specialized haul. Specialized training classes are also available, so truckers can choose the right division for them.
We’ve read countless ATS Trucking reviews, and drivers love working with ATS. We briefly mentioned the company’s benefits above and how many drivers come to ATS for the benefits alone. Let’s take a closer look at what employees can expect to gain after working for the company for 60-continues days full-time.
ATS Employee Benefits
Great benefits and pay are two of the main reasons why truckers choose to drive for ATS. Effective after 60 days of continuous full-time employment, ATS truckers will receive:
- Excellent medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Basic life insurance
- 401K/profit sharing
- Vacation time
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
Employees can also take advantage of section 125 or flexible spending accounts.
ATS offers employment opportunities to both owner-operators and those who wish to become a company driver. While the company does not offer CDL training, it does offer some of the highest pay rates in the trucking industry. Let’s take a look what ATS has to offer owner operators and company drivers.
Anderson Trucking Owner Operators
Did you know that ATS owner operators earn, on average, $180,000 per year (gross average)?
The top 10% of earnings in the ATS Heavy Haul department earn $375K annual gross.
[alert-announce]High paying trucking contracts aren’t the only things ATS has to offer.[/alert-announce]
- Sign-on bonuses: $5,000 flatbed; $3,000 van; $10,000 heavy haul
- You choose the loads you want
- Guaranteed pay program
- Fuel surcharge – guaranteed
- No charge for pulling company trailers
- Permits and plates paid by ATS
- Pet and passenger programs
- Direct deposit and weekly settlements
- Mileage/fuel tax reports
- Fuel card
- Weekly meetings with ATS ownership
- Trip-Pac for $13/month
- Fleet rates on insurance
- Free installation of mobile communications
If you’re looking to move up to an independent operator, you can enroll in ATS’s one year lease purchase program.
ATS will put you in a truck for no money down. They won’t even check your credit, and you’ll get a sign-on bonus of $2,500. When your year is up – you get a $4,000 completion bonus. In just your first year, you’ll earn an extra $6,500.
With those extra funds, you can put a down payment on your own truck, or sign up for another 1-year lease. The choice is yours!
Here’s what this program offers:
- No money down
- No credit checks
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
- Full drive train warranty during your lease
- No fixed expenses for two weeks
- 30-day and catastrophic warranties available
- 2009 or newer trucks
ATS Company Drivers
ATS Trucking Pay Rankings
User Review( votes)
ATS truckers typically start out as company drivers, but some choose to remain there. Why?
Company drivers are paid well and receive great benefits.
On average, ATS company drivers earn $80,000 per year. And the top 10% of heavy haul drivers earn $106,000 a year. Pay starts at $.50 – $.55 per mile.
Here’s what company drivers can expect:
- More home time
- Top pay
- High miles
- Newer equipment
- Vacation pay
Drivers can transition to the ATS one-year lease program to become their own boss in as little as one year. ATS has one of the lowest employee turnover rates in the United States and is proud to be family-owned. It’s no surprise, then, that company drivers often say ATS is like family to them.
Fuel Protection Program
ATS saves their drivers money. How? Through the company’s fuel protection program. Drivers can pay as little as $1/gallon through the company’s program. And you can save even more by using an ATS-approved fuel provider. By going this route, you may just pay under $1 per gallon for fuel. Who can argue with that?
ATS Driver Training
ATS doesn’t offer its own trucking school, but it does offer specialized training classes for:
- Heavy haul
- Class 1-A driver
- Class 1 driver
- Class 2 driver
- Class 3 driver
- Class 4 driver
ATS also offers van freight opportunities for: regional, dedicated and van OTR pad wrap divisions.
No matter whether you’re just getting started or a seasoned pro, ATS offers employment opportunities for every trucker. With great benefits, high pay and a family atmosphere, truckers start and end their career at ATS.
Ready To Start Earning More