Bennett Motor Express has been in business since 1974. At the time, the company was a small intrastate carrier that dealt with only flatbed transport.
Today, Bennett is a leader in the trucking industry and offers a wide range of services, from flatbed to heavy haul, step deck, oil field, government, air and space, and more.
The company boasts a number of special programs, too, that make driving more rewarding.
Bennett Motor Express Trucking Jobs
Bennett offers a variety of driving career opportunities for truckers in all stages of their careers. When you join the Bennett team, you become part of the family.
Just like any other trucking company, drivers must meet certain qualifications in order to be considered for a job at Bennett.
These qualifications include:
- At least 23 years of age.
- 6 months experience within the last 24 months.
- 2 years OTR Class A trailer experience within the last five years with an ICC carrier.
- Pass DOT physical and drug test.
- No felonies or DUIs in the last five years.
- Meet FMCSA 391 safety clearance guidelines.
- No felonies or DUIs in the last five or seven years (varies depending on the position).
- Have a passport or TWIC card.
- No more than two moving violations in the last year.
- Can’t have more than seven points on your license in the last three years.
Some qualifications will vary depending on the position, but these are the basics that all drivers must meet.
Bennett offers a number of different driving positions, so truckers can choose a department that fits their career aspirations and driving style.
Available positions include:
Bennett boasts a number of axle configurations, which allows the company to haul up to 400,000 pounds. Such a large hauling capacity allows the company to serve customers in a variety of niche markets, including gas, oil and nuclear.
Flatbed Trucking Opportunities
One of the fastest growing sectors in the shipping industry, Bennett’s flatbed division offers both 48′ and 53′ trailers.
Government Trucking Jobs
Bennett is an approved:
- General Services Administration Carrier
- Department of Defense Carrier
- Federal Emergency Management Agency Carrier
The company received recognition from the National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA) for four years in a row from 2008-2011.
Bennett is also affiliated with industry associations, including:
- Women in Defense
- National Defense Industrial Association
- American Trucking Association
From cargo trailers to RVs, travel trailers and horse trailers, Bennett’s RV division offers pick-up services across the country.
Power Only Trucking
The Power Only services division hauls a variety of trailers, including dry vans, flatbeds, trailer mounted equipment and portable machinery.
Bennett has been offering DriveAway services for more than 39 years. Drivers in this division will be hauling fleets of vans or buses across the country.
Whether you want to work as a company driver, team player or owner operator, you’ll find opportunities in the division of your choosing at Bennett.
Why Drive for Bennett?
With so many carriers to choose from, why work for Bennett? While the company may not be the best fit for every driver, they do offer some appealing benefits, such as:
- Same-Day Pay: Bennett offers same-day pay for all drivers and contractors. The company also makes it easy to pay bills using Transflo scanning stations in their network of truck stops.
- No Forced Dispatch: Bennett drivers choose when they want to work, allowing them to spend more time with family.
- Discounts on Maintenance, Fuel and Tires: Through Bennett’s partnerships, drivers can enjoy fuel discounts in the network, including: Love’s Travel Stop, Petro, Wilco Hess and Travel Centers of America. The company also has partnerships with Continental, Yokohama, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Michelin and others in the maintenance/repair industry.
- Jobs Available Nationwide: Bennett offers job opportunities all across the country.
- Incentives: The company offers both performance and safety rewards. Drivers can receive up to $2,000 towards the next year’s permits and plates.
Voluntary Health Benefits
Perhaps the only gripe with Bennett is that they don’t offer comprehensive health coverage – they offer a voluntary program.
Both single and family coverage is available.
Bennett teamed up with UTBA (Universal Trucking Benefits Association) to design and offer an insurance program that’s affordable.
Here’s what’s offered:
- Limited health insurance benefit (affordable and all drivers accepted)
- Dental and vision insurance
- Individual major medical
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Accident insurance
Bennett does give drivers the option of choosing the insurance plan that best fits their family.
Bennett Trucking Pay
Bennett doesn’t divulge how much they pay their drivers on their website. But third-party salary sites give an indication of how much drivers earn.
Indeed.com offers two pay figures:
- $995 per week (about $51,000 per year)
Both salary numbers are for company drivers. Of all salaries reported, 74 claimed to be paid $15 an hour. Just 16 of Bennett’s drivers reported being paid $995 per week.
Indeed is the only salary website with pay information for Bennett. The company claims to offer great pay and benefits, but they aren’t transparent about how much they pay. If the second figure is correct, Bennett’s pay is competitive or a little higher than others carriers.
Bennett is also a respected name in the trucking industry and offers steady driving positions as well as same-day pay.
Ready To Start Earning More