Paschall Truck Lines (PTL Trucking) has been in business for over 85 years and operates primarily between Interstate 35 and Interstate 95 in the Eastern half of the United States.
The company has seen a lot of success and is a 100% employee owned institute.
All employees receive valuable ownership shares of the company annually.
Ready To Start Earning More
Secure drop yards are offered in major cities that the company operates in.
PTL offers cross-border service in and out of Mexico. PTL drivers drop at the Laredo, Brownsville, and EL Paso terminals with loads going into Mexico, and head back North from to deliver in the Midwest, Southeast, and Mid-Atlantic states.
Paschall Truck Lines Careers For Company Drivers
There are many different avenues to take when starting a career with PTL.
With 5 months of verified experience you can be a company driver or a team. If you are a recent CDL-A school grad, or have been out of a truck for a while, PTL offers one of the highest paying training or refresher programs out there. There are also opportunities for Owner Operators and Lease Purchase through one of PTL’s truck partners.
We’ll be discussing owner operators shortly, but let’s first discuss what life is like for a company driver.
Company drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Five months verified OTR tractor trailer experience
- Class A CDL license holder
- Have no more than three moving violations in the last three years. *Violations prior to a CDL are excluded
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
If you meet all these requirements, you would be considered for a job at PTL.
The company offers a choice of either a $5,000 or $7,500 signing bonus for all experienced company drivers. The bonuses are paid over the first 30,000 or 60,000 miles. There are no strings attached or hoops to jump through. Simply choose the program that works best for you!
Every aspect of the company’s operations are geared towards earning you the most money while offering the most mileage within the legal limits of the law.
Fleetwide, the company does maintain an average driving limit of 2,500 – 2,800 miles per week.
Drivers are housed near their homes, and the company offers exceptional customer service and support to their drivers. Drivers will be happy to know that compensation has been updated recently, and includes several different tiers of pay that rival the highest pay out there.
Company driver compensation includes:
- Great mileage – typically 2,500 – 2,800 miles per week
- Fleet managers that ensure home time
- Earnings of up to $.51 per mile for solo drivers that have experience
- Earnings of up to $.55 per mile for team drivers that have experience
- Earnings of up to $.50 base rate per mile for Recent Grads and Refreshers
And there are many company benefits that will be offered, which will allow you to live life on the road comfortably.
The company driver benefits include:
- Pay that is delivered weekly to you
- Drivers can choose to drive in New York City or the Northeast for extra pay
- Drivers are never forced to work in New York City or in the Northeast of NY State
- Drivers that have hazmat credentials will be able to earn $75 extra per HZ load
- Drivers are not required to load or unload materials
- Late model Freightliner and International trucks
- You take your truck home with you or can park at one of our terminals if close by
- Drivers are typically away from home for 5.5 days, 7.5 to 10 days, or 14 days
- QUALCOMM satellites are included in all trucks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Lease programs are available
- There is a pet policy
- Riders are allowed
PTL requires Trainee’s to have a three-day orientation before heading out on the road with a trainer for 7,500 miles.
You’ll be able to take home time before you move on to phase 2 of training.
If you do choose to drive in the Northeast, you will make $75 Northeast pay on top of your mileage every time you deliver in the area. Drivers that choose to take runs in New York City will earn $100 city pay.
Paschall Truck Lines Pay
User Review( votes)
The average salary, according to over 1,800 company employees, is $6,250 a month, and the average yearly salary ranges between $37,000 and $110,000.
Profit-sharing is offered, and start bonuses are also offered as well as the $1,000 cash bonus.
Starting pay with the company as of 2013 is $.33 per mile for inexperienced drivers. The pay scale during training is much lower, with drivers being paid approximately $.15 per mile.
Trainees are paid rather terribly, and training can last for up to six months at a time. If a trainee does not finish their training, they will be charged for the training that they received. Approximate estimates of training costs are somewhere around $1,500, according to current drivers.
The trucks in the fleet are new, and health insurance is offered after six months.
A major issue with the company is that truckers state that they do not receive the amount of mileage that the company says is their average. This information is relevant as of 2013, and this causes the trainee to have to through several weeks of training rather than reaching the 5,000 miles per week that is stated.
Owner Operator PTL Careers
PTL also offers owner-operator opportunities as well, and the requirements for these positions include:
- Drivers must be 21 years of age
- Drivers must have six months of OTR experience
- Drivers must not have had more than three moving violations in the last three years
- Drivers must maintain a Class A CDL license
Owner-operators have control over their earnings, and they will have the following perks:
- Weekly settlement payments
- Direct deposit
- Freebase plates and permits
- Free full-time rider policy
- No loading or unloading
- No force dispatch
- Fuel charge paid weekly
Drivers average between 2,500 and 3,000 miles per week.
Owner-operators choose between mileage or percentage pay.
The main issue with the different pay options is that it’s difficult to determine how much drivers make on average. A driver that has a lot of different routes may earn more through percentage pay than a driver that uses the mileage option.
The company does not list any salary information for owner-operators.
PTL careers are offered in several states, and the company has an exceptional amount of openings currently in regional divisions.
Ready To Start Earning More